Air France made this announcement:
After having revealed the first part last January and having already welcomed more than 200,000 customers, Air France today presents its entire brand new Business lounge located in Hall L of Terminal 2E at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport.
With a total surface area of 3,200 sq. m. and a capacity of 540 seats, this completely redesigned lounge offers several new features for optimum comfort:
- “Le Balcon”, an exclusive space created by the designer Mathieu Lehanneur;
- A chic and elegant cocktail menu created by the Hotel Lancaster in Paris;
- The largest wellness area of all the Air France lounges;
- A Kids area to entertain children before their trip;
- The “Gourmet Table” a catering area where a chef prepares the dish of the day in front of customers;
- Several other areas for a tailor-made experience.
When they arrive in the lounge, guests can easily find their way around thanks to an interactive plan at the entrance. They can browse all the services available, depending on how much time they have.
- Mathieu Lehanneur creates “Le Balcon”
- Air France has entrusted French designer Mathieu Lehanneur with the creation of a bar area where time seems to stand still in a 160 sq. m. space suspended between heaven and earth for the company’scustomers. Located at the heart of the new Air France Business lounge, “Le Balcon” is set against the runways in a unique and welcoming architecture, forming a curved structure sheltered under an immense golden mirrored ceiling.
The space includes a central bar and a succession of outlying theatrical box seats where passengers can relax and enjoy the comfort prior to their flight. Each box is upholstered in blue velvet and embroidered with their respective numbers, and features a large sofa, a pedestal table and the latest connectivity services. Mixing wood, marble, mirrorwork and light, “Le Balcon” is at the same time chic, immersive and digital.
At the center, the designer has integrated a LED screen into the parquet floor depicting an image of the sky. From daybreak to dusk, this giant window of light imitates the variations of the day in real time. Whatever your departure time, this sky is like an introduction to your journey, before jetting across timezones…
A cocktail selection created by the Hotel Lancaster in Paris
At the heart of Le Balcon, every evening from 19:00 to 21:00, Air France offers a selection of cocktails* specially designed by the head bartender of the Hotel Lancaster in Paris.
Customers will be able to try an exclusive creation:
- – “Un air de Paris”, a cocktail specially created for Air France where champagne sparkles like the Eiffel Tower and Cointreau opens the gates of the Tuileries gardens with its notes of orange and cognac, enhanced by a few drops of lemon;
- – A “Destination” cocktail of the month, inspired by the flavours of a legendary city on the Air France network. Each month, customers will board for a new destination: Shanghai, Johannesburg, New York or Tokyo.
- – A non-alcoholic mocktail, to be consumed without moderation, created around an iconic ingredient from the French regions which is renewed every month.*The consumption of alcohol is dangerous to your health.
All photos by Air France.